WHAT IS HOME AUTOMATION?
Home automation uses a computer to control basic household activities either automatically or remotely. An automated home is sometimes called a “Smart home”.
There is a central Home Controller sitting at the heart of the system, around that there are various devices from Lighting controllers, Sensors, Temperature controllers, entry/exit doors, blinds, windows, security, entertainment systems, and CCTV etc.
ADVANTAGES OF HOME AUTOMATION
• Accessibility – can provide increased quality of life for persons who might otherwise require caregivers or institutional care.
• Convenience – One button to “shut down” your home when you go to bed.
• Energy Management – saving money on automated heating and cooling.
• Remote Monitoring & Control – View who is at the door before remotely unlocking it.
• Security – have family members get an alert if there is trouble at home.
WHAT YOU NEED TO GET STARTED
The fundamental components of a well-designed home automation system include the home controller, a computer, the various devices and systems to be controlled, Internet & WIFI connection, and an emergency backup power source for the computer and wired electronic exit doors.
The controllers we recommend are the Fibaro HC 2, Fibaro Home Centre Lite, Vera Lite or Vera 3. The lite versions have limitations with regards to the number of devices it can facilitate and complexity of the scenes it can facilitate. The Fibaro HC2 is the most powerful home automation controller, with the most user-friendly interface (UI). All controllers come with there own free Apps available for Mac or Android devices.
WIFI & INTERNET
• For a Fibaro HC 2, Fibaro Home Centre Lite or Vera Lite you will require your own WIFI.
• Vera 3 comes with its own Wifi router.
• You will need an internet connection within your premises if you want to control your devices remotely.
Lighting & Dimmer Modules/ -To turn lighting on or off, or work as a dimmer.
Sensors/ -MultiSensors: indicate movement/ temperature/ light level/ humidity. Door/window sensors: Indicate if doors or windows are open or closed.
Smart Switches/ -Plug in to a standard wall sockets, this allows you to remotely turn household appliances on or off.
Electric Chain Winders/ -Can Open or close windows such as roof windows.
Heating/Cooling/ -Z-wave Thermostat, control split cycle Air conditioners
RGBW Module/ -Control of LED lighting strips.
Roller Shutter Modules/ -Control window blinds/curtains/projector screen
Single Module & Double Module/ -Can control virtually anything from garage doors/ pool systems/ irrigation systems etc.
Locks/ -Remote opening of Deadbolts with touch screen.
IP Cameras/ -Integrate with your system, providing live streaming.
Others/ -Smoke sensor/ flood sensor/ shock sensor, Universal sensor for existing alarm system.
Get in contact with U Control Electrical to get started on creating your automated smart home today.